A retractable awning attached to the house is an attractive option for many people. It provides ready access to shade when you want it and retracts to let the sunshine in when you’re ready for it. It can also block glare into an adjoining room of the house.
Alutex is a preferred awning manufacturer based in Ringwood, NJ. They produce beautifully designed well-built awnings. They even offer a 10-year warranty because they’re so confident in their work. They offer a large selection of awnings – the most popular being the Madera Model.
Alutex Awnings Madera Model
The Madera model offers limitless options, sizes, and upgrades that satisfy most of our clients in New Jersey.
Madera awnings are one of our most popular products. You can choose between a motorized or a hand-cranked system that can be supplemented by wind and sun sensors.
Alutex awnings are tested to exceed industry standards for mechanical operation. This company feels so confident about their product that they offer a 10-year guarantee.
The Madera is built to be strong, resilient, design conscious and it is fairly large. Check out their specs now:
- Width: 10’ – 36’ (1/4” increment)
- Projection Range: 5’4” – 13′ – 14′ or 20′ for Giant.
- Side dimension w/Hood: 11” H x 11” W
- Side Size w/out Hood: 10” H x 9” W
Breslow Installed Alutex Madera Awnings in Montclair NJ
The first is a beautiful Alutex Madera finished with a perfectly matched grey and white striped Sunbrella fabric. Note how the awning provides plenty of sun and rain protection for children (and their parents and grandparents) while still keeping the yard easily accessible. And on cooler days, you can easily retract it with full motorization, bringing the sun and blue skies to the patio.
Finally, check out these two Alutex Madera awnings that we installed in New Jersey restaurants.
Madera Giant | Commercial Awnings
If you’re looking for a shade system that fits a larger space, the Alutex Madera Giant is a great option as well. The Madera Giant has up to a 20′ projection – the only awning in the industry that can claim this achievement. This feat is accomplished by installing a double torsion bar with very large shoulders to support the weight of the arms. For maximum support, a 2×16 ledger board will also be affixed to the building.
Unparalleled space is the Madera Giant’s claim to fame, but it does come at a price. These awnings typically sell for $15-20k. Depending on overall size.
Take a look at some of our work now. There’s no way you want a heavy awning over the top of you and your loved ones without adequate support and proper installation. If you want to learn more, contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Alutex Capri Awnings
Alutex Capri Awnings are slim but strong and are made for smaller spaces.
These awnings also have a 10-year warranty.
Here are the specs:
- Width Range: 4′ – 20′ (1/4″ increment)
- Projection Range: 2’8″ – 5’3″
- Side dimension w/Hood: 5 1/4″ H x 8″ W
- Side size w/out Hood: 4 1/4″ H x 4 1/2″ W
How much do Alutex Awnings Cost?
One of the great things about Alutex Awnings is they have a broad range of shade solutions to fit your budget. You can go crazy and buy a luxurious awning or you can purchase something much more affordable. Each awning Breslow Home Design Center installs is a customized solution. This means the end cost really depends on your personal choices. Here are some of the factors that come to play:
- The type of awning you purchase: Each awning design has its own price point.
- The size of the awning: The bigger the awning the more costly it is for obvious reasons.
- The fabric you select: Some fabrics cost more than others.
- Did you choose a motorized or manual system: Adding a motor to your awning is convenient but it also has a price tag – approximately $1,200 – 1,600 more.
- Did you select wind and sun sensors: These sensors help protect your awning in bad weather and will maximize energy savings. Each sensor will cost about $385.00.
- Installation: This isn’t something you want to skimp on. Awnings are heavy and you don’t want one to come down on your head. The price of installation is $1,200 -1,800 on average.
Altex Awnings are some of the best in the business and Breslow Home Design Center proudly carries their awnings.
Awnings aren’t cheap, but they’re practical and beautiful. You can protect your family from damaging UV rays, increase your entertainment space, reduce your energy bills AND add to the value of your home in one fell swoop.
If you’re thinking about purchasing Alutex awnings contact Breslow Home Design Center. We are here to help!