There are many types of window treatments available from Hunter Douglas. Prior to beginning a window treatment upgrade, you need to consider your space, the size, and shape of your windows – as well as the look you are trying to create in your home.
Shutters are an excellent option and are classified as a hard window treatment. That means they are:
- Built into the frame of your window
- have adjustable horizontal slats that control the light
- Usually made out of wood or a polyresin
Types of Hunter Douglas Shutters
Heritance Window Shutters
For traditionalists and admirers of classic Southern style, we present our Heritance® Hardwood Shutters. These wooden shutters are the peak of craftsmanship and made from 100% natural hardwood—either basswood or poplar—and boast everyday beauty and long-term performance. Customize your own color or choose from more than 35 available finishes.
- Genuine Hardwood – Heritance shutters are made from rapidly renewable, 100% genuine basswood or poplar hardwood.
- Integra™ Finish – This finish is applied in a multi-coat process to create high luster and long-lasting durability, so the shutters require minimal care.
- Superior Craftsmanship – Truemill® dovetail construction is one of the strongest and most structurally sound methods for holding panels together, as components are tightly interlocked. Competitors use alternative methods, such as standard dowel construction, which instead relies on glue.
- Endless Color Possibilities – Choose from a selection of paints and stains, or customize your own color to match your existing décor.
- Handcrafted Series – This decorative series blends the natural elegance of genuine hardwood with custom artistry. A selection of designer finishing techniques provides new ways to accentuate the inherent character and color of natural wood.
- Specialty Shapes – A diverse range of specialty shapes with sunburst or horizontal louvers is available to create the ultimate custom shutter for your home.
Palm Beach Style Shutters
Plantation style, Palm Beach Polysatin shutters are made from a UV-resistant compound. This means they work well for hot and humid climates. These resilient shutters are guaranteed to never warp, crack, fade, chip, peel or discolor, regardless of extreme heat or moisture.
- A lifetime guarantee — We guaranteethat your Palm Beach shutters will never warp, crack, fade, chip, peel or discolor.
- Water Resistant — The unique Polysatin compound is resistant to moisture and mildew, so Palm Beach shutters work very well in damp or humid spaces.
- DuraLux™ Finish — This special treatment creates the look of a finely painted shutter with a matte finish on all of our Palm Beach shutters Polysatin colors.
- Built to Last — Interior aluminum bracing and resin blocks add superior strength.
- Motorization — Palm Beach shutters are the only motorized shutter on the market, perfect for hands-free louver operation thanks to the HunterDouglas PowerView Automation.
OTHER TYPES OF SHUTTERS
NewStyle Hybrid Shutters
Shutters are such a traditional option. That being said, Hunter Douglas offers a modernized option. Check out these cutting-edge plantation style shutters that combine innovative materials with NewStyle Hybrid Shutters. The following options are available:
- Bi-fold Track
- Bypass Track
- Hinged Panels
- Front Tilt Bar
- TruView Rear Tilt
NewStyle Hybrid Split Tilt Shutters
We are often asked by customers how to address the unique needs of Bay / Bow Windows. For these, we often recommend Hunter Douglas NewStyle Hybrid Split Tilt Shutters, because they not only look great, but they give homeowners the option to bottom shutters to close (for privacy) and the top to be open (for light), or vice versa.